Here’s my top 10 favorite jQuery Plugins:
- Superfish – Suckerfish style drop-down menu
Excellent plugin for enhancing css drop-down menus. Adds animation, automatic arrows for sub menus and more.
Superfish | Demo
- Lightbox – Popup window for displaying images
This is a very cool utility for creating popup windows for displaying images. Automatically adds navigation to browser through multiple photos.
Lightbox Demo & Download
- PrettyPopin – Popup window plugin
From the same soruce as the Lightbox plugin, this creates popup windows for any type of content.
prettyPopin – Demo & Download
- Form Validation – Easy way to add form validation for email addresses and other data types.
jQuery Validate | Demo
- Tablesorter – Adds interactive table sorting
Clicking on column headings instantly sorts the table.
Tablesorter | Demo
- Flexigrid – Adds advanced interactive features to tables
Can connect to JSON and XML data. Supports sortable, resizable columns & rows plus more.
Flexigrid Demo & Download
- Tabs Handler – Great for tabbed sections
Part of the jQuery UI creates slick looking tabbed panels to your web pages.
jQueryUI Tab | Demo
- Carousel and Content Slider – Display articles & photos in a pro-style carousel
Agile Carousel | Demo
- jQuery UI Widgets & ThemeRoller – A collection of widgets to add professional interactive features
The widgets include a date picker, tab controls, slider and more – all with a very professional, unified appearance. Also checkout the ThemeRoller which skins the widgets – has pre-made skins or create a custom skin online and download it. Very cool!
jQuery UI | Demo | ThemeRoller
- Image Crop – Add simple image cropping to a web page
Jcrop | Demo
Let us know if you have a top 10 jQuery plugin.
|Written by: Don Lyckman
Don Lyckman is a Web Developer/Designer